Saturday 16 February 2013

Spring rolls

Lastly I was craving for spring rolls.  I don't recall ever attempted on this one but I do remember eating when mom make it.

Preparing the fillings was easy.  I didn't have a recipe to follow but done it in a way that I thought was correct.  It turned out to be really flavourful except I had a huge problem frying it.

Already I was very careful in wrapping it well as not let the fillings out while deep frying but in the end, nearly 80% of them burst open.

Initially I thought the oil was too hot, then I attempted on a lower temperature.  All yield the same results.  So can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Despite the ugly presentation, this spring rolls turn out yummy.




What you need:

1 1/2 Turnip (sliced thinly and cut into thin strips, drained), you can grate it but I prefers cutting.
3 carrots (cut into thin strips)
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup of dried shrimps (soaked and chopped)
2 small bags of popiah skin
Salt and pepper to taste


Method:

Sautee garlic and dried shrimps till fragrant.

Add in turnip and mixed well.

Add in 1/2 cup water and slowly let it simmer for 1 hour.  Drain.

Wrap fillings in popiah skin and deep fry till golden brown.


Try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.