Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Bubur Cha Cha

Yam was on offer and the sales lady told me it is nice.  Then I suddenly had a craving for Bubur Cha Cha.  You might wonder how so when I don't like coconut.  Well, though I don't really like the coconut taste but I do love the ingredients in it.  Sweet potatoes, yam and this little tapioca cubes that I adores the most.

Though those tapioca cube is easily bought but I prefer to make them myself.   Also to ensure no preservative in them.  Unfortunately mom is out of town and I lost this blog post.  

Luckily, after a search, I found I have a hard copy in my hard disk.  Phew .... I was able to make them right away.



Now I am happy.


What you need:

300g yam (skinned and cubed)
150g yellow sweet potatoes (skinned and cubed)
150g purple sweet potatoes (skinned and cubed)
2 litres coconut milk
100 g sugar (according to taste)
15 pcs pandan leaves
1 cup of water

For the coloured dough

200g Tapioca flour
1/2 cup boiling water
food colouring

Method:

Steam yam, sweet potatoes till semi soft.

Put tapioca flour in a large mixing bowl. Pour in boiling water. Mixed it with a spoon till it is well blended.

Microwave for 1 min. Add in food colouring. Knead till dough is smooth.

Cut into bite size and drop them in a pot of boiling water. Once it floats, it is done. Set aside.

In a large pot, add pandan leaves and water. Bring to boil and then add in sugar.

Once sugar dissolved, add yam, sweet potatoes.

Follow by coconut milk. Bring to a slight boil and add in coloured dough.

Serve either cold or hot.

6 comments:

  1. Edith, I'm happy too if I can a bowl of your burbur cha cha right now :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, nothing left coz I gave the remaining to the contractors that were working on my house.

      Delete
  2. I had this at the food court yesterday but the potatoes were awfully big chunks. I prefer your dainty potato cubes better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy!! Craving for abowl now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, make some coz it is easy.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. If you have attempted those recipes posted here, do share with me your learning journey. Leave a note or two to let me know you are around and an opportunity for me to say hi too.
Anonymous might be considered spam mail.