Friday 25 July 2014

Rainier Cherry Oatmeal Crumble

I never had a chance to eat Rainier Cherry before because by the time I cleared my fridge with fruits and make a trip down to the supermarket, it was sold out.

So I was lucky to spot some this time round and immediately bought a punnet.  After trying it out, I think we still prefers the crimson cherries more.  Beside the cherries in the Rainier Cherry Oatmeal Crumble, my kids didn't even have a second helping to the punnet. 



Since I run out of vanilla ice cream, we topped it with Snicker Chocolate Ice Cream which I will share the recipe another day.




What you need:
Serve 4

250g Rainer cherries, pitted and halved
30g brown sugar
15g flour

80g old fashioned oats
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
20g flour
70g brown sugar
40g cold butter-cut in small pieces


Method:

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray ramekins with cooking spray.

Put the prepared cherries into a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar and flour. Mix well and set aside.

In another bowl, add the oats, cinnamon, salt, flour, and brown sugar. Stir well.

Add the butter to the oat mix and rub until the oats mixture is crumbly.

Pour sugared cherries into the sprayed ramekins. Make sure each one is even. Add the oat topping.

Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes and baked until they are bubbling.

Cool for a minute and serve (with ice cream). 


Note: I airfried it at 165°C for 20 mins. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.