Thursday 24 July 2014

Tomato and Salted Plum Granita

I am trying to cultivate my kids to take more tomatoes.  My mom swears by it that it gives great complexion which I totally agree with her, as her skin is very good even though she is already 70ish.

A pity none of us inherited her good skin and sharp nose.  Haiz.

Have a bag of tomatoes that I needed to clear before the weekend, I will see whether I can tempt my kids to eat this.  

Chanced upon my friend's Tomato and Salted Plum Granita and I immediately know that this will be great.

With this crazy humid weather, it will be superb to end a meal with this.


Findings: Oh gosh, this is so good that I couldn't wait for it to be ready.


You got to try it!

Modified from : Piggy's Cooking Journal

What you need:

8 salted plum 4-5 tomatoes 500ml water 3 teaspoons sugar (add more if you want your granita sweeter)
Method:
Cook salted plums, sugar and water for about 20 minutes. Turn off heat, discard the salted plum and leave to cool.


Serve immediately.

In the mean time, roughly chop the tomatoes.
Put the tomatoes and salted plum syrup into a blender. Blend to a pulp.  Strain.
Pour the mixture into a shallow container. Freeze for two hours, or until frozen. Break into portions and give it a blitz in the blender.

Return the frozen granita to the freezer to freeze for another one hour.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this unique granita. Perfect for hot days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith, This tomato and salted plum sound so unique and easy to make. I want to try it too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann if you like sour plum, you might like this too.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.