Monday 25 August 2014

Taupok Goreng 扇子豆卜

I lost one of my mooncake recipe book and that prompted me to look into my "little library" space.   Decided to clear out all my cooking magazines as they take up too much space.

So from now now, I will be attempting recipes inspired from the stash.

Saw this cute little dish Taupok Goreng 扇子豆卜 that I wanted to serve to my family.


What you need:

10 mini taupok, cut an opening

Fillings:

100g cooked prawns, cubed
15g carrot, chopped and blanched
20g minced cooked pork
10g soaked black fungus, chopped finely
a small stalk of celery, cut finely
1 stalk of coriander


1 clove minced garlic

Seasoning

¼ tsp salt
½ tsp sesame oil
½ tsp light soya sauce
pepper
½ tsp corn starch


Batter

1½ tbsp rice flour
1 tbsp tapioca flour
2 tbsp plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
60ml water
½ tsp salt
½ tsp minced garlic
a dash of pepper

Method:

Heat wok with a little oil and sautee minced garlic until fragrant.

Add prawn, carrot, minced pork, celery, black fungus and give it a good stir.

Add in seasonings and stir until combined.  Remove.

Stuff mixture into taupok.

Dip taupok into batter.

Deep fry taupok until golden brown.  Remove and drain.

Serve with sweet chilli sauce


Did you have a good Monday?



  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Edith, your yummy Taupok Goreng reminds me that I have not been making these and Tauhu Goreng for ages ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly buy tauhu so these are the treats for my family as they like.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.