Tuesday 23 September 2014

German Apple Pancake

I am clearing my fridge and there are two Granny Smith apples left from my previous apple bake.  This German Apple Pancake that I spotted came in just in time for me to clear that off and yet able to prepare a nice breakfast for my girl.  

So wonderful isn't it!


Findings: The instruction wasn't clear as to how to assemble prior to baking. If I added the cooked apple first, I reckon it will get burnt and stick to the ramekin.  So I filled the ramekin with the batter first and then add the cooked apples on it.

I also used air fryer to bake as there are only 4 servings.  Next round, I will lower the temperature to 180°C as you can see that at 190°C for 13 mins, I already nearly burnt the apples.

It is easy to remove from the ramekin and do plating as well.

Overall, this is really delicious.  I ate it hot so there was a nice crust to it as well.  You might want to reduce the sugar to 45g for the apple mixture.  



What you need:
For 8 individual pancakes

For the batter:

28g unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
53g granulated sugar
2 eggs
½ cup milk, at room temperature
½ tsp salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
100g plain flour

For apples:

2 apples
28g unsalted butter
53g granulated sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
A pinch nutmeg

To serve:

Chopped walnuts, raisins, maple syrup, honey (optional)

Method:

Preheat oven to 190°C.

Butter and sugar ramekins; set aside.

In a bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, salt, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Sift in flour. And whisk until combined; set aside.

Peel and cut 2 apples in bite size pieces.  In a frying pan, add in sugar, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Over medium heat, cook until the sugar bubbles stirring occasionally. Add in apples and cook until the apples are tender.

Divide the apples and the pancake batter (2) evenly among the ramekins.

Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until pancakes puff and edges are browned.



This post is linked to Little Thumbs Up event organized by Bake For Happy Kids with My Little Favourite DIY & hosted this month by  I-Lostin Austen 




Cheers



10 comments:

  1. Yum! This pancakes look so good & flavourful . Thanks for sharing this recipe with LTU . Have a nice day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! That looks delish! I always have granny smith in my fridge, will definitely give this a try next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm yummy-licious! These freshly baked German Apple Pancakes must be really delicious like you said. I'll be glad to have one for tea time too ^-^!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Edith,

    I was thinking of making these pancakes too... Interesting that you made yours with ramekins and airfryer! Impressive too!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so easy to prepare and yummy, and you can control the portion of what u can eat. Great for potluck parties.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.