Saturday 20 December 2014

Beef Rendang (Padang Style)

To my delight, my girl is starting to take spicy food.  This will make life much easier.  One of the favourite is Beef Rendang so I decided to cook Beef Rendang (Padang style) for one of my makan session with the Yap's family as they love spicy food too.




What you need:

1kg beef (I used a combination of lean beef and shin)
1 Tumeric leaf
6 kaffir lime leaves
6 slices of galangal
2 stalk of lemongrass
salt t taste
200ml Kara Coconut
2 cup of water

Rempah

80g dried chilli
8 red chilli
20 shallots
6 clove garlic
5 slices of ginger

Method

Grind rempah. 

In a wok with oil, stir fried rempah until fragrant.

Add in beef and mix well.

Add in water and bring to a boil.  Lower heat and simmer for 1 hour.

Add in coconut milk and continue to simmer until meat is tender.






1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.