Monday 22 December 2014

Grilled Taupok with rojak sauce

I have a can of rojak sauce that I bought for making rojak and then I changed my mind on it.  So to finish up this bottle before it expires, I used it for Grilled Taupok with Rojak Sauce.

Getting the Tau pok component was easy.  The main star is the sauce that goes with it.  

I am not sure whether I gotten the right rojak paste 虾膏 as it was really watered down when I add the tamarind juice.

Decided to bin it and restart another batch.  This time round, I added lime juice for that tang instead of tamarind juice.  It tasted much better.

I opted to serve the roasted peanut separately as I didn't want to lose that crunch.

I think this will make a wonderful sides dish for our next BBQ.




What you need:

20 fried taupok
beansprouts
cucumber
1 can of rojak paste

Method:

Slit an opening on the taupok.  Set aside.

Cut the cucumber into thin strip.

In a pot of boiling water, blanched the beansprout until it is cooked.  Remove and add it into a bowl of ice water to stop it from cooking further.  Remove and drain.

Mix beansprout with cucumber and stuff as much into the tau pok pocket.

Grill them until crisp.

Drizzle sauce into the beansprouts and add in peanuts.  Serve.

Rojak sauce

Mix the can of rojak paste with lime juice.  Season with sugar (mine somehow already sweetened).  Dilute a little with warm water if it is too thick.  Mix to desired consistency.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Edith, I love this snack to the max!! Have bookmarked this. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so delicious that I can almost smell it😋. Is taupok tahu? Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.