Tuesday 24 February 2015

Bourbon Maple Glazed Chicken wings

While organizing my pantry, I realised that I have a little bit of bourbon left and have two bottles of opened maple syrup!  Decided to google for a recipe so that I can free up the space.

Saw this Bourbon Maple Glazed Chicken wings in Pinterest and that picture took my breathe.  Decided to give it a go.

I change the method a little as I wanted the flavour to penetrate through into the chicken wings and as you know how much I love the deep fryer, I used that too.

Once you get through the marination part, getting this done is a breeze.

Now let's enjoy.


Verdict: These were delicious!  The bourbon taste was evident and though it is a tad too sweet to go with rice, but I believe it will goes really well with beer!  I noticed that my son was licking his fingers.

I will try to reduce the maple syrup to ½ cup instead.  

A keeper!

Source: Pinterest

What you need:

900g chicken wings
1 tbsp butter
2 small onion, minced
½ bourbon whisky
¾ cup maple syrup
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp dried rosemary
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper


Method

Melt butter in a small saucepan on medium heat.

Add the minced onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.

Add the bourbon whisky, maple syrup, tomato paste, rosemary, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Bring to a low simmer.  Let it cool.

Pour half into the chicken and marinate it for 1 hr.

Preheat oven to 180°C.

Arrange the wings on an oiled, foil-lined baking pan, with space between each wing.

Roast the wings for 20 minutes, then turn the wings over and roast them an additional 12- 15 minutes, or until nicely browned.

Lower the heat or remove from oven if the wings start getting too dark.

In th meantime, simmer the remaining sauce until it thickens slightly and can coat the back of a spoon, then remove from heat.

When wings are cooked, remove them to a bowl and toss with the remaining sauce.

Serve


Note: For airfryer, I set at 180°C, 12 mins on one side and another 4 mins on the other.



Cheers!

 

2 comments:

  1. look at the colours on your wings! my worth.. it sure wet up my appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love any food that has liquor added to it (haha). Wishing you and your loved ones good health and good wealth. Goat Xi Fa Cai!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.