Thursday 12 February 2015

Pineapple Tart (Melt in the mouth) Enclosed

Pineapple tart is a hot favourite in my family.   This has been our favourite melt in the mouth Pineapple Tart (enclosed) since 2013.  

Initially, I wanted to have a change and made some open faced pineapple tart but time wasn't on my side.  So I have to settle for the enclosed version.

This recipe is easy to handle and rather quick to put together once you get everything weighed out.  My mom likes this version too (that is after my cousin's hot favourite but we couldn't replicate that one).

Half way through I decided to be adventurous and done this scissor cut method.  Guess I need plenty of improvement for this.



Verdict: It is light and has a melt in the mouth texture.  

Source: Wen's delight 

Estimated 150 pcs bite sized 

What you need:

460g salted butter - thawed for 15mins before beating
70g castor sugar
2tsp Icing sugar
4 Egg yolks (33-35g)
2 tsp Vanilla
680g Top flour (I used Cake flour)
50g Full cream milk (Nespray Everyday full cream milk powder)
1kg Pineapple filling
2 no Beaten egg for egg wash (remove 1 tbsp of white & add 2 drops of oil)

Method:

Preheat oven at 170-180°C. Lined the baking tray.

Beat butter, sugar, icing sugar & vanilla for 2 to 3 mins.

Add in egg yolks till well mix.

Add in sifted flour & milk powder by using a spatula. (do not overmix)

Divide the pineapple filling into 6g balls.

Split the dough into 8g and wrap the filling.

Egg wash & bake on the line tray at  for 20 mins.





Link to "My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House



I am linking this to Cook & Celebrate: CNY organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Yen from Eat Your Heart Out and Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe.




I am submitting this post to Best Recipes for Every one Jan & Feb Event:
My Homemade Cookies  organized by Fion & Co-Hosted by Victoria from Baking Into Ether

Cheers


3 comments:

  1. I would say adventurous paid off the effort. It does look like mini pineapple to me! I can eat these anytime of the year.

    Thanks for sharing with best recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith,
    Pineapple tarts (ong lai) is a must for CNY and yours looked yummy. Hee .. hee I also need more practice to shape them look more like pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edith,

    Nice to know that this is always your fav recipe. I would love to try this recipe too!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.