Friday 24 April 2015

Corn and Carrot Soup

My girl requested for ABC which is her favourite soup but unfortunately this blur mommy forgotten to buy potato so she has to make do with Corn and Carrot Soup.

I have nearly forgotten that I owned a Thermos pot.  Finally brought it out and put to good use once again.  This is a good utensil to own especially when you are a working mom.  I used to prepare porridge for my kids using a smaller pot as well.  Really easy.  Just prepare this before I leave to pick kids up and when we are back, the porridge is ready.

Well the corn and carrot still shine and this is so easy to make.  This time I used pig tail bone and it turned out to be really good.



What you need:

2 corn 
2 med sized carrot
400g pig tail bone
Water

Method:

Blanched pig tail bone.

Add all ingredients into a pot of boiling water.  I filled it up to 3/4 full.

Bring to a brisk boil and lower to medium heat.  Let it boil for 2 hours.  

Put the pot in to the outer thermos pot and let it sit for another 2 - 4 hours.

Before serve, I usually bring it to a boil again.

Season with soya sauce or salt before serving.




Cheers


1 comment:

  1. Homey soup.. thats always warming to the tummy.. happy food

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.