Tuesday 28 April 2015

Corn and Sago Sweet Soup 珍珠玉米露

When I was young, my mom used to make some desserts using sweet corn.  This memory is so faded that I can only recall the key ingredient.  Sad.  

How I wish back then there is such a thing as called to blog, for mom to record all the delicious food that she churned out from her kitchen.  Now all I had left were memories and it is fading off as well.  

Since my daughter loves Tapioca pearl, I wanted to incorporate this into the sweet corn which is also her favorite, and hope that she is open to more sweet corn options.

So here is my take on this Corn and Tapioca Pearl Sweet Soup.




What you need:

100g sago
350g sweet corn 
1 litre of water
30g sweet potato starch (mixed with 100ml water)
120g sugar (adjust to your liking)

1 egg white, beaten (next attempt I will add 2 egg white instead)

Method:

Cook tapioca pearl for 10 mins. Turn off the heat and cover and let it sit for another 10 mins.  Rinse and drain.

Boil water and add in the sweet corn and bring to a boil.

Stir in sugar and lower down heat once the sugar is dissolved.

Add in sago.

Swirl in the egg white and once it turned opaque.

Thicken with potato starch mixture.  

Turn off the heat and serve either hot or cold (I prefer it cold).


Are you looking forward to the long weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.