Thursday 9 July 2015

Mulberry Tea 桑叶茶

My aunt gave me two mulberry plants and it had been flourishing really well.  Initially I thought only the berries can be eaten but later on, I came to know that the leaves has good health properties as well. (You are read about it here). 

During the last get together with a hobby group of friends, instead of serving soda drinks, I brewed this Mulberry Tea and it was well received.

I didn't bother to sun dried the leaves but just harvest them and brew right away.  I sweetened it with raw sugar and top it off with ice cubes.

You can sundried it for a few days (if it crushed easily into powder form then it is good to store).  Store it in airtight container.




What you need:

10 mulberry leaves
1 litre of water
raw sugar to taste

Method:

Only harvest matured leaves that is deep in green.  Young leaves have toxin.

Wash clean.

Bring a pot of water to boil and add in the leaves.

Brew for 10 mins.  

Sweeten with raw sugar and top off with ice cubes if you like it cold.



Note: If yours is dried leaves, just add boiling water and infused.






This post is linked to – Little Thumbs Up July 2015 (Tea) – organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Cheryl from Baking Taitai.



Cheers!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Edith,

    You are a lucky gal with two healthy mulberry plants... They can give you lots of these beautiful tea to enjoy everyday.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.