Wednesday 29 July 2015

Sesame Pumpkin Pancake

Lately I have been caught up with another hobby.  I love how a hobby is able to contribute to the needy.  This time, we are making mittens and booties.  This is my first time attempting mittens and booties and the task was really daunting initially.  I lost counts of stitches so many times.  Thanks to my wonderful group, I overcome the obstacles and now we are reaching our target ahead of time I believe.



I needed to take a break from that because I am also making a blanket for my girl's birthday.  She always wanted me to make her a blanket.  So I am seriously using my time really well.  I hope I can complete it by early August.

As I have some workers working really hard on the house, I decided to make some Sesame Pumpkin Pancake for their snack.

Also a chance for me to participate in this month's Best Recipes theme.




What you need:
(yield 10 pcs)

90g pumpkin flesh
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp sugar
90g glutinuous rice
2 tbsp rice flour
56g water (adjust accordingly)

Red bean paste (10g each)

Method:

Steam and mashed pumpkin while hot.

Add oil and sugar. Mixed well.

Add in rice flour and 45g of the glutinous rice flour in the pumpkin mashed and blended together.

Add in the remaining glutinous rice flour and water and knead till it form a dough.

Divide dough into 8 portions.

Divide red bean paste into 8 portions.

Wrap the pumpkin dough with the red bean paste and roll into a ball and then flatten.

Heat up the frying pan. Add a little oil and pan fry the pancake till golden brown.

Serve hot.



I'm submitting this post to the Best Recipes for Everyone
 July 2015 Event : I have a date with "Pumpkin"
organized by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and co-hosted by Rachel of The Simply Life



Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Well done on ya! Very nicely knitted mittens, they r lovely aren't they? I'd be over the moon if I was a recipient

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely knitted mittens and booties ^-^
    Pumpkin sesame pancakes are yummy too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. 芝麻多多的南瓜饼,肯定很美味,Yummy~
    谢谢你的链接与参与南瓜之约活动:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Edith. Good job on the mittens! I have eaten this pancake made by a friend but forgot to ask for recipie. This pancake taste very good especially with the sesame. The pumpkin is it clean weight 90gm or with skin. Also is this dough sticky?, thanks for sharing. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe. Sorry for not being clear on the ingredients. It should be 90g flesh only.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.