Saturday 25 July 2015

The Versatile Blogger Award



I am honoured to have been nominated by fellow blogger Victoria Bakes for a versatile blogger award. 

Victoria bakes has a really inspiring blog that features many highly recommended bakes as well as bilingual recipes.  For one who is poor in reading Chinese recipes, I thank her for enabling me to see outside my own world.  

Through a saga, I got to know Vic on a more personal level.  I grew to, not only like her blog but as a person who is non judgmental and has a great personality.

Thus do hop over to check it out if you have not done so.  Get to know this wonderful blogger. 

The rules after you have been nominated.

1 ~ thank the person who had nominated you
2 ~ post the award badge on your blog
3 ~ share seven facts about yourself
4 ~ nominate 15 blogs who deserve the award and inform them
for more information about the award, please visit this website

Now about the 7 facts about myself

1. After staying home for many years, talking only to kids, I was losing my ability to spell.  In 2005, with encouragement from a friend Jan.  She helped me started a blog.

Thus pReCiouS MoMentS was born.  It was a journal that documented my life as a struggling mother to a special need child, wife as well as my passion in the kitchen.   

I thank many of my readers who had supported me through thick and thin with their encouragements and advices.  Over the years, we have formed good friendship.

In 2012, I wanted to live more positively.  Thus Rumbling Tummy was born.  It focus mainly on my tried and tested recipes in the kitchen as it is a joy for me to churn out food to feed those rumbling tummies in my household.

So now you know why I have two blogs.

2. I too learnt from others.  Friends who shared so unconditionally their knowledge and advises.  I am no goddess and I don't think I am good enough to teach but I wanted to share what I learnt with others.  It remains the greatest joy to hear that my readers tried out recipes from my blog and had success with it.  

3. I will not feel offended if you have tried out my recipe and failed.  Do let me know so that we can "sit down" and figure out what went wrong.  My philosophy is we learnt more through mistakes.  

4. I do have mood swings (as my son warn others that it could be my menopause period).  There are days when I am down, I stay away from the kitchen.  Happy mind creates happy food and that is so true.

5. I admired fellow bloggers who are very adventurous with their experiment.  For me, I am too lazy to be adventurous.  So I tap onto their experiences but I make sure that they are acknowledged.  If I don't, please come and bang my head, I can ensure you that I didn't do it on purpose.

6. I believe all human is on par.  If we learnt to be respectful or at least cordial with each other, this world will be a wonderful place to live in.

7. Right now, I have started my retirement hobbies.  With ailing eyesight, I tried not to be online too much.  But if you see me around, buzz me.  I will be really happy to catch up.    



NOW, the 15 blogs for this award that I am nominating as they are the source of my inspiration are:

Travelling Foodies by Alan
Angie's Recipes by Angie
Honey bees Sweets by Bee Bee
Yummy Bakes by Chris
My kitchen Snippets by Gertrude
Kitchen Corner by Grace
Lily's Wai Sek Hong by Lily
Dreamers Loft by Meg
Feats of Feasts by Sharon
Just as Delish by Shannon
Corner Cafe by SeaDragon
Cook with no books by T
Bake for happy kids by Zoe
Table for 2 or more by Wendy

There are more bloggers that I wanted to show my appreciation but they have already been nominated :(

Nevertheless, I wanted to say a BIG THANK for the encouragements and support.  For being here for me especially through my very trying period recently.  Through that saga, I realised that my quiet blog wasn't so lonely afterall.

With all my heart, I thank you.

Hugs



6 comments:

  1. So well written.. i admire your frankness in every aspect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well some people hates my frankness. hahaha.

      Delete
  2. Hi Edith. I am a new fan of your blog. Congratulations on the award. You well deserve it. Recently I tried your fermented curd chicken wings and they tasted yummylicious- finger licking good. Thanks for sharing your passion. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe for trying out the recipe. It is really nice of you to leave me a review.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.