Friday 28 August 2015

Banana Cake

I always enjoy Banana Cake and I have not baked one for awhile.  Thus took this opportunity to bake one for my family when I help out for a charity bake that my sister organised.

Am happy how the cake turned out.  





What you need:

125g unsalted butter
150g brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
190g banana, mashed

1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
200g plain flour

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 deg and lined and greased 2 loaf pans.

Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  

Beat in the egg one at a time.

Add milk, vanilla essence and mashed banana.  Beat to combine.

Sift in cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, plain flour and salt.  Fold until it is well incorporated.

Bake at 180 deg for 25 - 30 mins or until skewer comes clean.




August 2015 Event: Brown Sugar and Molasses 


This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (August 2015 Event: Brown Sugar and Molasses), organized by Bake For Happy Kids) and My Little Favourite DIY), hosted by Bakericious



6 comments:

  1. Hi Edith,
    This banana cake looks sooo yummy-licious ^-^!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really tasty! I had never made a banana cake until about a month ago. I found a recipe for a banana cake with blueberry sauce and it was really good. Yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing the idea of the blueberry sauce. I shall try it the next round.

      Delete
  3. Hi Edith,

    This banana bread is a beauty! It looks so moist and smooth.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.