Friday 2 October 2015

White fungus with pear sweet soup 冰糖雪耳雪梨糖水

During this hazing period, it is taxing on the lungs and to prevent respiratory issues, we need food that nourish our lungs.

Today, we shall have White fungus with pear sweet soup 冰糖雪耳雪梨糖水 as dessert.

White fungus is very good for middle and old-aged people, especially for people with lung disorders.

This recipe helps to stop a dry cough, and bowel movement and balance lung function.  You can consume this twice a week if you have such symptoms. 

During a cold or flu, or if you have diarrhea or aversion to cold. Please don’t eat white fungus.

I really don't know how I can get my kids to eat more white fungus.   Somehow they don't like the texture. 

To my knowledge, there are two types of white fungus.  One is hard and the other is soft when cooked.

I was also told that "pure" white fungus most likely has been treated, thus it is better to select white fungus that is off-white.



Learnings: I didn't add water as the sweetness from the honey dates was enough.  I also remove the core and put it inside a tea bag to boil together with the rest as I know it will be a hassle to get my family to spit out the seeds when consume.  This way, it is much easier to eat it.

I need to find out why we need to boil together with the seeds and skin later on.

What you need:

60g white fungus (soak for 2 – 3 hours)
1 Chinese pear
3 cups water
3 honey dates

Method:

Cut off the hard part of the white fungus.  Cut into small pieces.

Cut the Chinese pear into bite size.  Leaving skin and seeds intact.  

Bring to boil the white fungus together with the pear.

Lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.

Remove the seeds before you drink the soup and eat the pear.



Take Care.



1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.