Friday 13 May 2016

Es Teler

Some weeks back, a friend invited me over for lunch.  It was a scrumptious feast I must say.  The dessert served was refreshing especially on a hot day.  It was also my first time tasting Es Teler.

I have never known what is Es Teler until that day.  It is like our ice kacang but the ingredient used is light and yet delicious.  

So today, I am replicating this for my family.  I should have added in some coloured tapioca pieces to heighten up the colours. 

I am sure this dessert will be a welcome especially during this humid season.


What you need:

Avocado
Coconut meat, keep the water
Grass jelly
Jackfruit
condensed milk
a pinch of salt
Crushed ice
Pandan leaves

For the coloured tapioca ball (optional)

200g Tapioca flour
½ cup boiling water
food colouring

Method:

Cut avocado in slices.

Bring to boil the coconut water and pandan leaves.  Turn off heat.

Sweeten with condense milk and a pinch of salt.  Remove and set aside to cool.

In a bowl, arrange fruits and coloured dough and pour in sweetened coconut water.

Add in crushed ice and drizzle condensed milk

Serve cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.