Tuesday 28 June 2016

Sourdough waffle

For my sourdough starter experience, everyday, I need to pour out some to give a new feed to my sourdough starter.

In order not to waste these, I actually store them in the fridge.

Since I have never eaten a Sourdough Waffle before, I shall make some as breakfast.

I have tried out two recipes but this one wins hands down.


Findings:  The waffle is crispy and light.  Has a slight tad of sourness which I believe came from the sourdough.

I shall explore further to see whether I can omit the baking soda next time.

Now I need to see whether I should invest in a good waffle iron.  This cheap waffle iron doesn't colour evenly!   Arrrghh ...

Definitely a keeper!

What you need:

115g butter
225g milk
225g sourdough starter
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp brown sugar
170g plain flour

2 eggs
¼ tsp baking soda

Method:

Melt butter together with milk in a pot.  Remove and let it cool to room temperature.

Mix all ingredients to form a thick batter, cling wrap and let it sit for 8 - 14 hours.

Whisk in eggs and baking soda until smooth.

Preheat waffle iron and cook as manufacturer instruction.



I served it with greek yogurt and jam with a light drizzle of honey.  Heavenly!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.