Tuesday 23 August 2016

Black bean tea

I have a 83 years old uncle and he still has a full head of black glory.  Unlike my dad, his already turned white at 75.

Lately for me and my hub,  I too noticed that we are having more and more grey hair.

Well I am not defying Mother Nature but if I can help it, I will try to defer it for a few good years.

Saw this article that said, drinking Black Bean tea helps to maintain the black hair and has anti aging properties.  Since I have a packet of black bean, I decided to add this to our diet from now on.

Black beans are a good source of zinc which aids hair growth and repair cycle.  It also has iron, biotin and folate.


Findings: The roasted black bean taste is very mild.  I am sure my kids won't be able to detect any differences from drinking plain water.

What you need:

200g black bean

Method:

Rinse and remove impurities.  Drain well.

Preheat oven at 190°C.

Spread beans on a baking sheet and bake it for 10 mins.

Remove and shake them up.

Return to oven and continue to bake for another 10 mins until you see how of the beans cracked.

Remove and cool completely before storing in jar.

Add some beans into cup and pour boiling water.  Let's it seep for 10 mins. 

Drink as normal water consumption.  You can add ice cube to turn it into a cold beverage.

Giveaway - last day

I have decided to bring forward the date for this giveaway as I didn't not factor in the posting time.

So I will offer up to 23 August 2016 and have the lucky draw drawn by my girl.  It is her birthday and what a great way to celebrate is to announce a winner!



Drink to good health everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Am I too late for this? I would love to join and win! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read somewhere that black beans help to delay the apprearance of grey hair. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have a packet of black beans too, so will bake it afterwards. Thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.