Thursday 5 October 2017

Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookie

For this year's Deepavali, I have decided to participate in a cookies donation drive.  I find it so meaningful to share my passion with other families and hopefully they like my bake.

The only set back I had was getting the bottles.  I was near to panic mode when after visiting 2 baking supply shops and went home empty handed as it was out of stock.  

Luckily, a fellow baker who is also participating in this charity drive and staying near me, had some to spare.  What a relief.  

So here is the Chocolate Chip Cookie that I can spread some love to.

2017

Findings: Despite, chilling the cookie dough, my cookies still spread out.  These are the few that I find that it will be the ideal thickness.  

Guess I need to practice more to get the ideal thickness I want to contribute for next year.

For me, I did not count the cookies, I just weigh to approx 614g per bottle (inc bottle 4012).  I double this recipe and yield 4 bottles.  

For personal consumption, I will reduce the sugar to 200g.

2018


Learning: This year, I seems to be able to retain the shape better.  I did not chill the dough, instead, I put it on a higher rack and bake it for 5 mins before moving it down.  

Somehow, I was able to prevent it from spreading.

This year, I triple the recipe and actually yield more than 6 bottles.  Approx weight is 540g.



What you need:

400g self-raising flour
Pinch of salt

300g unsalted butter
250g caster sugar

2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence

270g Mini chocolate chips

Method:

Preheat oven to 175-180°C, with fan.  Lined baking sheet.

Sift the self raising flour with a pinch of salt.  Set aside.

In a mixer, cream butter & sugar till light and fluffy.

Add in egg and vanilla essence.

Fold in the flour and mix well to form into a dough.

Add in mini chocolate chips to the mixture.

Using a mini ice cream scoop, shape cookies (about 3cm in diameter)

Bake for about 15-20 mins.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.