Saturday 22 October 2022

Chocolate Canelé 巧克力可麗露 Air fryer

A few years ago, my friend H, helped me to buy these beautiful Canelé molds from France and it has been sitting in my drawers all this while.  Finally, I brought them out to shine.


Since I am not confident baking Canelé, decided to just try a small batch of Chocolate Canelé 巧克力可麗露 first.  Baking in the air fryer seems like a good idea as the temperature is more reliable and since I only have 9 molds and it is not enough for a full recipe.


These looks burnt but it is not.  In fact, it is full of chocolatey taste and it was nice and not too sweet.  Also, it has a crusty coat which I thought I was heading to success but .....

I was sooooo wrong!  The inside was not baked properly.  I reckon because I forgot to set back the timer and walked away to do another errand.


Learnings: I failed in my mission.  Though I get a crust but the inner was not baked well. The taste is actually not bad, and also not too sweet.

I must also think of a way to wrap the foil more tightly.  Tricky as the mould was really too hot to handle.

Will try again.

What you need:
Yield: 8 pcs

250g milk  
30g butter
60g chocolate (70%)
1 tsp vanilla bean
125g sugar
45g cake flour
3g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
25g rum

Method:

Bring milk, butter, and vanilla beans to a light boil.

Pour into the chocolate, and wait for a while before stirring to melt the chocolate.

In a bowl, sift cake flour, and cocoa powder and mix with the sugar and salt.  

Pour the warm milk mixture slowly into the flour mixture, whisking slowly.

Whisk in the egg until the batter is smooth.

Add in the rum.

Sieve into a clean container, clingwrap, and chill for a night.

Bring mixture to room temperature.  

Grease the mold well with oil or butter.  

Pour batter to 90% full.  

Bake at 200℃ for 20 mins, then individually wrapped with aluminum foil.

Lower heat to 180℃ and bake for 40 mins.

Remove from mold immediately and let it cool completely.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.