Monday 7 October 2024

Pulut Panggang

It's been a long while I last ate Pulut Panggang and I was craving it.  Since I made a big tub of Hae Bee Hiam the other day,  I think this is the moment I get my act together.


Learnings: This turned out superb.  Totally love it.  Shall keep this on hand for craving days.

What you need:

300g glutinous rice
200ml coconut milk
1½ tsp salt

Method:

Wash and soak glutinous rice overnight, chilled.

Then drain and steam the rice for 20 mins.

Mix coconut milk with salt.

Gently mix the coconut milk mixture into the rice while hot.

Transfer back to the steamer, spread evenly and continue to steam for another 15 mins or until dry.

Keep rice covered while you add filling and roll.

Spread the rice into a rectangle onto blanched banana leaves.

Add fillings in the centre and fold up the banana leaves to encase the filling.  

Roll it up and then secure both ends with toothpicks.

Roast on a dry pan until fragrant.

 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.