Saturday, 1 June 2013

Mango Crepes

Kids are staying home for a month and I have to work my brain hard to provide food all day long.  

Lucky for me, I am now so much stronger than before and with the cough improving, my energy seems to be going back to normal!  Yes, finally after a year of feeling low and down, I am more posititve that my life can "go back to normal".  

Though I know that things won't be back as before and I still must be very careful with my movement and the activities I can do now.  Guess from now, I must know my NEW limits in life.   Well, at least the joy I am having right now is awesome.

I still have a few mangoes in the fridge and wanted to clear up the space for a cake and thus this is what I make for dessert.

I lost a very good crepe recipe that I once posted in my old blog and I can't seem to find it anymore (so sad). 

Thus for this crepe recipe, I am using Nigella's.  The batter was oddly very thick and I have to add on more milk to it.

Overall, the texture is okay but it is still not what I am looking for.






What you need:


30g unsalted butter, melted and cool

150g plain flour
325ml milk (I added to make it 340ml or more)
1 egg, beaten

Method:


Whisk flour, milk and eggs to form a smooth batter.


Sieve batter to remove lumps.


Add in melted butter and stir to incorporate.


Heat flat non stick pan and brush some butter on it.


Add 2 - 3 tbsp batter and swirl round the pan.


Cook till it turns brown and flip over and continue to cook further.


Remove and set aside.


Chantilly cream


150g whipping cream

1 tbsp icing sugar

Fresh Mango cubes


Method:


Whip cream with icing sugar till stiff.  Chill in fridge till ready to serve



Assembly:


Place crepe flat on a plate, spread a generous amount of chantilly cream, spoon a generous amount mango cubes.


Fold into half and then quarter.


Serve cold.


2 comments:

  1. What a lobely crepe you have here! Good to know you have your life back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tze. HOw have you been?

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. If you have tried a recipe, do share with me your experience. It will be nice to hear from you. Cheers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...