Sunday 1 January 2017

Army Stew (Budae-jjigae 부대찌개)

Option 2

Army Stew (Budae-jjigae 부대찌개) is simple to prepare and yet very versatile. You can practically add anything to your liking and that is what I did for some friends who came over on New Year day.

You must be wondering why am I so lazy to keep serving one dish meal for parties.  Well, my heel spurs is pretty in bad shape and to not aggravate the pain, I must not be on my feet for too long.

Any remedy besides taking painkiller?


What you need:

Stock (option 2)
3 chicken bones
2 chicken breast
1 bulb garlic, crushed
1 onion, quartered
3 litres water
1 tsp salt

Spam
mushroom
rice cake
ramen
tofu
leek
pork
Sausage 
Kimchi (I omitted this as my kids don't like)
Sweet Potato Noodle
cheese

Seasoning

hot pepper flakes (I omit it as my daughter cannot take too spicy)
2 tbsp hot chilli paste
3 tbsp soya bean paste

Method:

Boil chicken bones and chicken for 1 hour for option 2  

Arrange ingredients on a heating pan.  

Pour in the stock and season to taste (what I did was to season the stock first)

Bring to boil and dig in.



Happy New Year everyone!  May the new year be bless with good health and happiness.

Thanks for supporting my blog and FB page.


Geon Bae
건배


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.