Sunday 12 February 2017

Cheese Muffin

Have not been baking muffins for the longest time.  After this festive period, I am sure everyone is sugar overload.  So I wanted to bake something savoury for my family.  

I have some yogurt left and saw this Cheese Muffin on a FB group.  I think it will be a nice welcome for my kiddo's breakfast as she has been eating CNY goodies.  I am sure she is by now sick of those.

Getting cheese into muffins will also tempt my son to eat as he loves cheese to the max.  





Findings: This recipe bakes beautifully.  The texture is nice and fluffy and the cheese taste is good too.

I used an ice cream scoop and fill it with slightly less than a scoop.  It did not over flow and has a nice top as well.

Source: Here

What you need:
yield 11 pcs

170g plain flour
15g castor sugar
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
140g cheddar cheese, grated
57g unsalted butter, melted
100g fresh milk
120g yogurt
1 egg
½ tsp black pepper, grounded

Garnish:

Mix together
25g Cheddar cheese, grated
25g Parmesan cheese, grated
A dash paprika

Method:

Preheat oven to 190°C.  Grease and lined 12 muffin tray.

In a bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and cheese together.

In a separate bowl, whisk fresh milk, egg, yogurt and melted butter until well combined.

Add milk mixture into the flour mixture and mix until combined.

Scoop batter into muffin pan and sprinkle garnish over the top.

Bake for 20 mins or until golden brown and skewer came out clean.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.