Monday 29 April 2019

Nasi Lemak Cake

For my dad's birthday, we ordered a Nasi Lemak Cake for him.  I was appalled by how costly this is (it comes only with peanuts and ikan bilis).

I decided to challenged myself to replicate this.  Thanks to my friends for many pointers and sharing.  (you know who you are).


I have also added my family's hot favourite and that is the my MIL's sambal prawns and also a side treat of luncheon meat.

My children and hubby gave me a thumbs up for it.  I am so happy that it turned out well and we enjoyed it.


Learning experience: 

Next time, I will measure out the rice for each layer.  I hold back a lot by only brushing a thin layer of Nasi Lemak Sambal on the omelette and not the luncheon meat layer.

I learnt by blending pandan leaves with the coconut milk, it gives a nice aroma to the rice.

The ratio of rice to water was just nice too as my grains turned out not mushy.

I have used 3 eggs to make the omelette.  Next time, I will use 4 eggs instead.



Enjoy!

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.