Thursday 21 May 2020

Chewy Mochi Cookie

Last night, my sweet daughter politely told me that she is so sick of eating cakes these days as I had been testing numerous recipes for a project.

I do agree with her on this aspect and she suggested that I bake her some cookies instead.

I had bookmarked some Chewy Mochi Cookie recipes some weeks ago as both of us like mochi and incorporating it into a cookie sounds interesting. 

Coincidentally, I saw my IG friend attempted it and gave a good review.  So no more dallying for me.

I made just a small batch because I need to finalized one last cake trial so this meant that I have one more cake to eat again.  haiz. 


Learning experience: 

This cookie tasted really nice, the cocoa powder plays a huge role in this giving it an intense chocolately flavour, and with the added chocolate chips, my family totally loves it.

But we find that this is best eaten within the baking day and thankfully, suspecting the mochi will turn hard, I only did a small batch.

Just enough to satisfy those rumbling tummies.



Source for full details

What you need:
Yield : 14 pcs

Mochi
50g glutinous rice flour
15g corn starch
100ml milk
10g sugar
10g butter

Dough
70g brown sugar
70g butter
½ egg 

125g cake flour
15g cocoa powder, dutch processed
2/8 tsp baking powder
  
Method:
Mochi

In a microwaveable bowl, combine glutinous rice flour, corn starch, milk and sugar.  Mix well and clingwrap.  Microwave at 30 sec interval, stir each time until it is cook.   Let it cool slightly.

Add the butter into a plastic bag and transfer the dough into the bag, knead in the butter until fully incorporated.  It might be hot, so be careful.

Let it chill.

Preheat oven to 180°C.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
 
Dough
In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until light.

Beat in the egg slowly and until it became smooth.

Sift in cake flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder.  Fold until fully mixed.

Divide dough into 20g each.

Divide mochi into 10g each.

Wrap mochi with dough.  Making sure it is sealed properly.  Flatten a little and place a few chocolate chips on it.  This dough does not spread out much, so it is okay to place them near to each other.

Bake for 180°C for 12 mins or until cooked.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.