Friday 25 December 2020

Salmon Wellington

I have beef, I have seafood in the fridge but I lack the mood for this Christmas.  Partly the energy has been low and usually we have my parents and friends for Christmas eve and Christmas day.   With no gathering, I was too lazy even to put up the tree and because of the crowd, all the Christmas shopping are done online.  


At the very last moment, I sum up my energy and will myself into the kitchen.

Prepared the fish since my dad don't fancy beef.   Rush out to buy the puff pastry and got my hubby to do the supermarket round.


Tada..... a Salmon Wellington!  Am glad that everyone likes it.  It is not only easy but yummy too.  After doing it, I think this works even as a quick meal.  

What you need:

3 pcs Salmon (choose the meatiest portion) 
1 bag Baby Spinach
100g cream cheese, room temp
white wine
Salt
Pepper
1 medium onion
6 cloves garlic
50g green peas

Store bought puff pastry
1 egg, beaten

Method:

Extract the bones from the salmon, pat dry.  

Sprinkle some salt and pepper.  Rub the fish.

In a hot pan, add a little oil, sautee the onions until soft.

Add in garlic and sautee until fragrant.  Not brown.

Add in cream cheese and cook until softened.

Splash some white wine.

Add in baby spinach and green peas and cook until lightly softened.

Season with salt and pepper.  Set aside to cool.

Lay the puff pastry, place the salmon in the middle.

Place the spinach fillings on top of the fish.

Brush the egg round the fish and all corners of the puff pastry.

Fold the top down and the bottom overlapping the top fold.  Make sure you pat down to seal the ends.

Using a rolling pin, roll the two ends thin and flip up to seal.

Turn it down when placing on the baking tray so that all the ends are at the bottom.

Egg wash the top and slit some design.

Bake at 180 deg for 20 mins or until it turns golden brown.

Serve hot.

Blessed Christmas to all and thanks for supporting my IG, FB and blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.