Sunday 27 July 2014

Calamansi Muffin

My calamansi aka lime tree needed harvesting so this is the best way to use as many limes as the recipe requested.    I have forgotten to count how many limes that I used but I am sure it was nearly half of what I harvested. 

Though I have been on business and holiday to the Philippines quite a few times and hubby and I did talked about visiting Boracay but somehow we never get round to doing it.  

In December we will be heading Philippine again and once again, we did talk about this place but the timing will be bad to make this trip as it will be monsoon.  Haiz.... just not meant to be as of now.

Apparently one of the cafe in Boracay is famous for the Calamansi Muffin.  As I have never been there before, I can't comment whether it was really that good.   Guess it will take a while more for me to sample it.  

I also needed to bring some snacks to kids' taekwondo competition as it will be a full day event.

For this attempt, I substituted a Lemon Muffin recipe with Calamansi from my favourite Muffin book.

As my girl is not a fan of chocolatey bakes, let's hope she likes this Calamansi Muffin that I baked.


Findings: Hubby said it is a tad too sour but for me I kind of like it.  As for the texture, I might have over mixed it a little as it was a little on the dense side. Overall, it is still not that bad.  


What you need:

125g plain flour
100g castor sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
56g butter
1/2 cup fresh calamansi juice
2 eggs
1 tsp of lime zest

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 deg.  Greased muffin tray.

Combine dry ingredients and mix well.

Melt butter in microwave and let it cool a little.  

Add in calamansi juice, eggs and calamansi zest.

Stir in the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.

Scoop into muffin tray and bake for 15 - 20 mins or until golden brown.



I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest – Philippines hosted by The Sweet Spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.