Wednesday 27 May 2015

Stove top pizza

Someone shared an awesome video on Facebook, had a brief glance and went back to my housekeeping chores.  I was already thinking, this one I have to do it because it doesn't involve kneading, proofing and has no massive washing up.

Next moment, when I took a break from my chores, I saw Honey Bee Sweets' posted an almost similar method.  

My thoughts were what a coincidence!  It seems like it is calling me to prepare this tonight.  Such great news because then I don't have to rack my brain on what's for dinner.

For Honey Bee Sweets, she used Happy Call Pan to do it and I find it a brilliant idea.  After all, my Happy Call Pan is getting dusty.

So this is our dinner.



Learning experience: 

The side of the crust is crispy but the inner portion of the crust is not.  I suspect because of the heat distribution.  Overall, this is a recipe that you might want to try when you are hit with a pizza craving but has no time to proof your dough.


What you need:
Serving: one happy call pan size

70g self raising flour
74g plain flour
2/3 cup lukewarm water
pinch of salt
1 tsp yeast
1 tsp honey

Pizza sauce
Pizza toppings

Method:

In a happy call pan, sift in self raising flour and plain flour.

Next add in the salt, yeast and honey in separate corners.

Add in lukewarm water and give it a good mix to combine all ingredients together.

Using a spatula, spread out the batter round the pan.

Add pizza sauce and spread it round the batter evenly.

Add your favourite toppings

And top off your cheeses.

On medium heat, with the lid closed, cook the pizza for 5 mins. 

Leave a gap on the pan and cook for another 10 mins.

Remove pizza from Happy call pan.

Cut and serve hot.

Note: I will recommend you move the pan to distribute heat evenly.




Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! My happycall pan is also in cold storage, and I'm bad at kneading dough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lian, if you try must remember to move your pan to distribute the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so fuss free.. definitely an easy peasy way to satisfy pizza craving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is. The only think I need is to figure out the heat distribution.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.