Thursday 4 January 2024

Steak (air fryer)

The last we did a steak in the air fryer it turned out so beautifully that I forgot to document it.  

So this round, I have to record our experiment.

First to fit into the air fryer, hubby had to saw off the bone.  


Learning: I feel that we have overcooked it a little.  Next round will try air fry mode, at 7 mins and then 6 mins.  Based on this thickness.

What you need:

1kg tomahawk with bone. 2" thick
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper

Method:

Bring the meat to room temperature.  Pat dry with a kitchen towel.  Rub salt and pepper on it.

Preheat the air fryer to 202℃.  (bake mode).  I can't recall the last time is air fry mode though.

Drizzle olive oil on the meat.

Cook for 7 mins on each side.  Doneness: Medium well, this is how my family liked it. 

Transfer to cutting board, cover with foil, and let it rest for 5 mins before cutting.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.