Tuesday 9 April 2013

Fluffy Pancakes

My kids are so sick and tired of what the helper prepared for breakfast that now they stopped eating breakfast.  The only time they eat breakfast is only on weekends.

You see, the easiest way for her will be peanut butter or Nutella spread on the table.  It seems to me that preparing ham and cheese/cheese/egg or jam spread sandwiches seems too difficult for her.

After my morning swim today, I don't know why my energy was completely drained.  My body is still very much not sync with the swimming therapy.  The pelvis pain is like on a roller coaster ride.  It is affecting my sleep.  Mind you, I am already wide awake in the morning but I just have a problem getting out of bed.  Haiz... I am so frustrated but I know I must be patient.

Since I am feeling better now after the rest, I decided to prepare some pancakes for my kids for a change.  Now I just hope she will reheat them for my kids for tomorrow's breakfast and not finished it all by herself!

In the past, I have done Neil's pancakes numerous times and really love it.  I hope you do too.
  

What you need:

280g plain flour
8g baking powder
100g castor sugar
½ tsp salt
3 egg, separated
1½  cup milk
85g melted unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla

Method:


Sift flour and baking powder. Add sugar and salt together into a large bowl.

Whisk yolks, milk, melted butter, and vanilla together. 

Whisk wet mixture into the dry mixture.  The batter should be slightly lumpy. 

Whip the egg white until medium peak. Not stiff. Do not over whip the egg whites.

Gently fold in half of the egg white into the egg batter with a large spatula. Then gently fold in the remaining egg white. The batter should be slightly lumpy and have large parts of the egg whites not fully incorporated. 

Heat a pan and add 1 tsp butter. With a fat ladle, scoop the batter and pour it into the hot pan. (optional, you can add your blueberries or chocolate at this stage)

Flip over once brown to cook the other side.

Serve warm.


Cheerios!


8 comments:

  1. Hi Edith,

    I hope that you are feeling better now.

    Your kids must be thankful that you are cooking so well for them. These pancakes look wonderful... with no doubt, I will eat lots too :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe, nice to hear from you. Actually I haven't been cooking for them for quite a while. Maybe they don't miss mommy's cooking. hahaha

      Delete
  2. Hi Edith, I love the look of these pancakes, I am sure your kids enjoyed them very much:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen, Hundred Eighty Degrees11 April 2013 at 07:29

    Hi Edith, I like the idea of adding blueberries . They look so tempting. This has just reminded me that I haven't been making fluffy pancake for quite sometime. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Edith,
    I hope you are really recovering well. Take a step at a time, let it heal slowly. I missed seeing all your beautiful foods. Hope to see you cooking and baking away soon!
    This pancake looks very pretty. Thanks for sharing, shall try this out one of the weekends too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PAB, now I am much better. At least I can walk and climb the stairs with ease.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.