Friday 4 July 2014

Homemade Pork Floss

I have a really long list of to try recipes on my plate.  Guess I will never become a bored housewife!

Saw Homemade Pork Floss circulating in FB but I didn't have a chance to note down the recipe posted by Lena Lai.  Then I saw SW posted hers on FB and I quickly bookmarked it.  

We do like pork floss.  Sometime with porridge and sometime with bread.   We do drink soup and we do throw away that piece of meat.  Now my needs are all catered to.  Save money and no wastage.

Am sure hubby is going to laugh at me again ... saying another shop lost a customer.




Verdict: My daughter and hubby likes it but my son felt that it tasted more like squid.  errr.... I won't how he derived that taste.

What you need:

230g cooked pork, shredded

Seasonings:

1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsbp soy sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
dash of pepper
1 tbsp chinese cooking wine
1/2 tbsp sesame seed oil
Dash of sesame seed

Method:


Shred cooked pork and then using a mortar, give it a good pound.

In a bowl, combine seasonings and stir until sugar dissolved.  

Mix the seasoning into the shredded pork and combined well.

Stir fry the pork using a wok under medium low for approx 30 - 40mins.  The floss should be slightly brown and dry.  It should have a light feel texture.

Add sesame seed.

Once done, let it cool down on a baking tray and store the pork floss in an air tight container.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Edith, I saw this in FB too but yet to try them. Bookmarked yours and will try out soon. Tks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know what to do with my cooked meat after consuming the soup. Sounds easy enough. Like you I've been looking for a recipe for meat floss and I remember I saw a Dang GUI Meat Floss but I didn't save it. Thank you, Edith for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooking this is really time consuming...but eating is so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos for making your own meat floss! I must agree with your hubby, another shop is going to lose its customer ;-) Nothing beats homemade.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.