Thursday 19 February 2015

Fried Crab Stick

This post was delayed.


新年快乐!

This year I am beginning to open up to more ideas on goodies that I can serve during CNY.  Well, actually more for my mom as this year, it is my parents' turn to host the annual CNY gathering for all my relatives.



Verdict: The fried crab stick tasted really addictive after cooling but unfortunately it lose its crispness the next day.  


I pop it back into the oven after I baked (with power turned off).  Only using the remaining heat.  Fortunately, it turned back crispness and it stayed throughout.  By the second day, this tub was wipeout.


Will definitely make this for next year.


Adapted: Lena Lai, FB group

What you need
Crab stick

Curry powder
Paprika powder

Method:

Tear up the crab stick randomly.  Not too thin though.

Sun dry it for ½ an hr.

Toss in spice powder.

Pour some oil and mix again. 

Pre-heat air fryer to AF, brush oil onto the basket, put 2 handful of crab sticks into it. 

Air fried at 180°C  for 8-9 mins. 

At 4 mins, give it a toss again to even out the baking.

Cool and store in airtight container.




I am linking this to "My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House


I am also linking this to Cook & Celebrate: CNY organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy KidsYen from Eat Your Heart Out and Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe.





Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Edith,

    Everything is gone on the second day... It must really good :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.