Wednesday 18 February 2015

Power Sticky Wings

I have been so busy with spring cleaning that I omitted to post this. 

I love food with lemongrass.  I tried planting it but with no success.  Was told that it is easy to grow on your own but I guess I am not destined to have my own pot.

Saw Delishar's Power Sticky Wings and was captivated.  Thus decided to give this a try.

Verdict: My family didn't find it salty enough.  So I will increase this for my next round).   Overall, the taste is good.

What you need:

20 wings
4 tbsp honey
3 tbsp light soy sauce (I will increase this to 4½)  
Juice of 1 lime
4 lemongrass, inner soft ends minced
2 tsp grated ginger
4 cloves garlic, grated
Salt and pepper
Chopper spring onions to garnish

Method:

Preheat oven to 175°C.

In a small bowl, mix lime, lemongrass, soy, honey, ginger, and garlic together.

Place you wings on a foil lined and greased baking pan just enough to fit your wings (not too wide or your sauce will dry up and burn).

Lay your wings on the prepared baking pan.

Season both sides with salt and pepper.

Bake for 20 mins.

Remove from oven, pour sauce over chicken.

Use tongs to coat both side of chicken with sauce.

Then bake for another 20 mins.

The sauce in the pan will thicken and turn sticky when baked. 

Coat chicken with thickened pan sauce before serving.

You can cut the other half of the lime in wedges and serve on the side.



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.