Tuesday 10 March 2015

Watercress Soup 西洋菜汤

With such humid weather, I decided to boil Watercress Soup 西洋菜汤.  When I was young, we were made to sit at the table to pluck this vegetable.  The stem is then tied together to cook together with the tender leaves and meat.

These days, we no longer need to do this process, everything is done for us.  

The other day, dad was complaining that I don't cook soup for my family but little that he knew that I do but not as often as my mom.  Sometimes, the family's words are really harsh and judgmental.


This is one of my favorite soups.  It is light and still able to have a full body taste because of the meat.  The sweetness from the vegetable as well as the honey dates comes off just the right balance.

What you need:

2 bundles of watercress
3 honey dates
400g meat
water

Method:

Blanched meat.

Wash the watercress making sure no worms.

Bring a pot of water to a boil, and add in all the ingredients.  

Bring to a boil and then let it simmer for 4 hours.

Season with soya sauce.



Cheers







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.