Thursday 2 April 2015

Honeydew Sago 蜜瓜西米露

I have been neglecting my blog as I had recently signed up for a charity drive, Give a Little Warmth so I have been spending my time knitting and crocheting away.  A hobby that I have not touched for many years.  Thankfully, I am still able to remember the basic.  

Also with the passing of our Founding Father, Mr Lee Kuan Yew.  My mood was extremely low during that week.   I shall leave politics out of the picture but nevertheless, I respected this man and am indeed proud to be a Singaporean.  

Life goes on .....

Many years ago, I bought one honeydew and it tasted so horrible and since then I have not touch it for the longest of time.  (It has this chemical taste to it).  Decided to give this a try again as my daughter was requesting for it.  


I also spotted some cantaloupe and make a impromptu addition to this Honeydew Sago 蜜瓜西米露.


Luckily this time round, that horrible taste is non existent and I am happy to serve this to my family.


Give this a try as it is really easy and delicious.





What you need: 

200g Sago 
100g sugar 
4 cups Water 
1 litre of vanilla ice-cream 
1 cup of Nata De Coco (cubed it smaller) (I omitted this as I forgotten to buy it)
1 honeydew
cantaloupe

Method: 

Boil sugar and water until sugar dissolves. Cool it. 

Pour sago into a pot of boiling water and boil for 10 mins.  Turn off heat and cover for another 10 mins.  

Wash the sago under running water until it's not sticky. 

Scoop some honeydew into a ball.  Puree the rest.

Scoop cantaloupe into ball.  Puree the rest.

Mix all the ingredients and served chilled


Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. great to see you back Edith.. indeed, the lost of our Father had been destructive to our moods... i had been weeping for the entire week...

    this looks like a fairly easy and yummy dessert.. looks like another option for me to play with sago! i never realised cooking sago was that easy! stoopid me right

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.