Wednesday 8 March 2017

Sourdough Brownies

I am into my fermentation hobby now.  The day I was given some bacteria culture, my world turn whimsical.  Each day, a group of us will update each other on our culture development.   I will talk more about it when I have succeeded.

Anyway, I over calculated and make a batch too much of sourdough.  Thus I need to use it up quickly.

Decided to give Sourdough Brownie a go as I have never tasted one before.  Since we like fudgy brownie more than cake like ones.  I chose this recipe as the picture looks really moist and fudgy.




Findings: I think I have to reduce the chocolate to 250g instead as family finds the chocolate too intense.  

The texture is moist and fudgy to what we like.  Goes really well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Adapted : Source 


What you need:


300g chocolate, chopped (I used bittersweet chocolate) (will reduce this to either 200 or 250g instead)
200g unsalted  butter, cut into pieces
200g castor sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs, room temperature
40g cocoa powder
270g mature 100% hydration sourdough starter

Method:

Preheat oven to 170°C.  Line and grease a 8X8” pan (I like my brownies taller).  Leave the parchment paper overhanging the pan for ease of removal.

Melt the chocolate and butter. Stir it often so it does not burn.

Pour the melted chocolate/butter mixture into a large bowl.

Whisk in the sugar, salt and vanilla.

Add the eggs one at a time, whisking to combine each addition.

Sift the cocoa powder over the chocolate and stir to combine.

Add the starter and stir gently until it is completely incorporated.

Turn the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Cool in the pan 20 minutes then lift the parchment paper out
and allow to cool further on a wire rack.

Only cut when cool completely.


Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream will be the best.


Happy Women's Day!
Wishing you a day as beautiful as you are!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.