Tuesday 7 March 2017

Calamansi Plum Drink (桔子酸梅水)

Whenever I am in Malaysia, I love to order Calamansi Plum Drink 桔子酸梅水 as it is a great thirst quencher. These days, I am beginning to see more and more drink stalls in Singapore selling this as well.  Some are really good but some just lacks the flavour.

Thus when I saw EO posted her recipe in her FB, I know right away that I wanted to make a jar.  This will be just the perfect beverage to serve in such hot and humid period in Singapore especially when I have some workers working on the house.



What you need:

500g calamansi (small green lime)
200g raw sugar
100g sour plum

Method:

Bake calamansi under low heat for 20 mins to remove juice from calamansi.

Mix sugar, skin of calamansi and sour prune in a clean glass jar.

Pour in calamansi juice.

Let it sit in room temperature until all the sugar is dissolved.

Chill in fridge thereafter for a week.

Mix the juice with ice and serve cold.




Don't you want some?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.