Tuesday 24 October 2017

Crème caramel

A recent sudden death of a very dear friend left some regrets in my hub and myself.  So have been reminiscing old times, old friends and old activities.

When I was young, I really love Crème caramel and I think we learn this in school home economic too.  Anyway, been a long while I last make these at home.   Took this opportunity since I have bought a tray of eggs.



What you need:

caramel
200g castor sugar
2 tbsp water
2 tsp lemon juice

100g hot water

Pudding
500g fresh milk
4 eggs
130g castor sugar


Method:

Prepare a steamer of boiling water, 6 ramekins.

To prepare the caramel, in a small pot, melt castor sugar with water and lemon juice.  DO NOT STIR.  Once it reached a light amber, very carefully add in the hot water (BE CAREFUL OF SPLATTER).  Stir until sugar is melted and liquefy and then starts to thickens slightly.
Spoon 2 tbsp of caramel and add into ramekin.  Set aside.

In a mixing bowl, combine milk, eggs and sugar.  Whisk until sugar dissolved.

Slowly fill the ramekin with milk mixture.  Cover with foil.

Lower heat to med and steam egg mixture for 10 - 15 mins or until set.

Let it cool completely before chilling.

Serve cold.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.