Wednesday 15 November 2017

Lemongrass Pandan Drink

It was a nice 2 weeks break.  I enjoyed myself thoroughly and needed to shed that extra kilos that I piled up.

Today I decided to reattempt a Lemongrass Pandan drink as I wanted to achieve that same fragrance and taste as those we had in restaurant.  Somehow I just can't replicate that strong taste of lemongrass.

This time, I used sugar to maintain the colour.



Findings: Though the lemongrass is evident but I still can't achieve that strong taste of lemongrass despite boiling for a longer period. 

Having said that, I did enjoy the nice aroma of lemongrass while it was boiling.

I really wonder whether it is flavouring that do the trick.

What you need:

8 stalks lemongrass, bruised and chopped into 5" long.
9 blades of pandan leaves
Sugar to taste.
1.5 litre water

Method:

Scrub lemongrass clean.

Combine lemongrass, pandan leaves and water.

Bring to boil and lower to med heat and boil for 45 mins.

Add sugar to taste.


If you know of a way to attain that flavour, give me a shout out.  Thanks.

Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.