Thursday 9 August 2018

Soy bean in sweet sauce 蜜汁大豆

Whenever I see this Soy Bean in Sweet Sauce 蜜汁大豆 when I dine out in a Chinese restaurant, I am always very happy because I love this.  Never know that I can replicate this at home till I chanced upon this recipe.

Modified the recipe a little to the taste that I preferred.


Learning experience: 

I might need to soak or deep-fried the bean first because after boiling, the skin detached.

Overall, the taste is just right for us as we preferred it not too sweet.

It was also well-received when hub brought it to a party.

What you need:

225g soybean
3 slices of Chinese liquorice (gan cao)
1 tsp salt
35g slab sugar
2 tbsp oyster sauce
½ tbsp dark soy sauce (I will omit this next round)
3 pc dried chilli
1 tbsp sesame oil

Method:

Stir fry soybean in a dry wok until the bean is slightly split.  Remove.

Place all ingredients and enough water to cover the beans.  Bring to a boil.

Cover with lid and lower to med heat and braise for 1 hour (until gravy thickens and bean turned soft). (I added another round of water as my beans were still not soft plus another 15 mins to the cooking time)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.