Monday 13 August 2018

Hokkaido bun

I have baked Hokkaido Bun before but using a Thermomix is my first.  There are many version out there but today, I shall try this one.


I shape it into buns and added otah as fillings.


Learning experience: 

The texture is so fluffy and I am totally in love with it.  As it is buns, it saved me the trouble of slicing it too.  Also easy for my girl to bring to school too.

What you need:
yield 19 buns

Tang Zhong
200g water
40g bread flour

200g tang zhong (mine yield lesser than 200g)
90g sugar
2 tsp yeast
2 eggs
60g whipping cream
60g fresh milk
540g bread flour
10g milk powder
50g unsalted butter, softened
½ tsp salt

Method:

Tang Zhong
Combine water and bread flour in TM bowl and cook for 2 mins/90°C/sp 2
Set aside to cool down to room temperature.

Add all ingredients into TM bowl and knead 5 mins/knead.  Remove.

Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover and let it proof for 45 mins or until double in size.

Punch down and divide into 19 portions (approx 58g)

Shape into a ball.  Rest for 10 mins.

Roll into a disc and add in your fillings.

Roll into a ball and tension shape.

Place into a lined baking tray and let it proof for 45 mins.

Bake at 180°C for 25 mins.


Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.