Monday 20 May 2019

Fool proof Egg white Swiss Roll 简单蛋白瑞士卷

I baked this Egg White Swiss Roll 蛋白瑞士卷 few weeks ago and finds it nice so today I shall try again because the last time, I used a bigger pan and the layer is too thin for my liking.

I have been practising my swiss roll but yield no good result except for this recipe.  For my first attempt, I was delighted when it did not crack!!!  So today, I am doing it again just to be sure.

I lined the sweeten red bean to give it some design.  As for the filing, this has become my favourite as it does not melt easily and with less guilt too.


Learning experience: 

The texture is cottony soft and it is really easy to roll.  The sweetness level is just the right balance.

I was trying hard to cook the red bean whole and not mushy, thus the result was a little too hard.  I will need to try again and make it whole yet softer.  Thanks J for the feedback.  Appreciate it.

Am glad that overall, my gardening kakis like it.

What you need:

80g milk
40g vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

50g cake flour
30g milk powder

170g egg whites
45g castor sugar
½ tsp vinegar

Method:

Preheat oven to 150°C.  Line a 10" square pan.

Whisk milk, vanilla and vegetable oil until fully combined.  

Sift in cake flour and milk powder.  Mix until combine.  Set aside.

In a clean bowl, whisk egg white, rum and vinegar till foamy. 

Slowly drizzle in sugar and beat until stiff.

Add in meringue to flour mixture and mix to loosen.

Fold meringue in 3 additions until incorporated.

Pour into baking pan.  Spread evenly.

Bake for 10 mins (cover with foil) and at 170°C for another 10 mins (without foil).

Remove from tray and cool on a rack.

Trim edge and frost with whipping cream.

Roll and let it set in the fridge before serving.


Frosting:

150g whipping cream
50g yoghurt
20g icing sugar (to taste)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.