Thursday 23 May 2019

Green Tea Swiss Roll (Génoise)

I love green tea, unfortunately not the family.  So the only time I can practise Green Tea Swiss Roll will be, to bake and bring for a party.

I remembered I bought a bottle of Bakeable green tea powder but somehow I cannot find it anymore.  So I had to use the one from Korea which does not really give a nice colour to it.  Thus I have add a little drop of green colouring.  Guess it is okay as I won't be feeding this to kids but adults only.


Learning experience: 

I thought that this swiss roll using a Génoise base will be dry.  Though the cake is not cottony texture it turned out really soft that I almost fear that I will not be able to roll it.  Luckily the thickness saves the day.  In fact, this texture is very light, soft and moist.

This time around, I blitz the red bean into a paste and incorporated the whipping cream just to make into a paste. 

Perhaps next time, I will sieve the bean paste to give it a smoother texture.  Thanks J for your feedback.

Shared the remaining cake with the neighbour and she loves this.

What you need: 

150g eggs
60g castor sugar
40g cake flour
10g milk
10g honey
1 tsp matcha powder

Method:

Preheat oven to 190°C.  Lined a 10” pan.

Sift cake flour and matcha powder.  Set aside.

Whisk egg and sugar using bain-marie method until mixture is lukewarm.  Remove.

Warm milk and honey in the hot water.

Continue to whisk egg batter until ribbon stage.

Sift and fold in cake flour.

Remove some egg batter and mix into warm milk mixture.

Pour milk mixture into the egg batter and fold well.

Pour into pan and spread evenly.

Bake for 11 mins.

Remove and cool on rack completely.

Place a piece of parchment paper over and flip the cake.  Remove lined parchment paper.

Spread with frosting.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.