Monday 27 July 2020

Yogurt Cake

As promised to my girl, I have abstained from baking a cake for a month or was it more?  My back has since recovered but my foot still hurts.  There are days I am okay and there are days I am not.  Anyway, going to seek a different treatment and the appointment only be available in August.  Let's pray this time it will work.  Lesson learnt, at this age, I can no longer push myself hard.  The saddest part, the effort I put in, actually went down the drain.  Sad.

Today's bake is a Yogurt Cake.  Have some yogurt that my girl did not like so next best alternative is to incorporate it into food.

I have tried baking this in my old blog and like it a lot.


Learning experience:

I think I lost the touch of baking a cake.  Wanted to speed up the baking time as I had to run an errand, so I did 2 X 6".   Lost the height instead. :( (Better to stick to 8" next round).

Initially, I thought it will be a dense cake, surprisingly, it is still soft.

Guess I need to brush up on my cakes.

What you need:

165g yogurt
100g castor sugar
60g brown sugar
3 eggs
100g ground almond
140g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup olive oil

Method

Pre-heat oven to 180°C.  Grease and line an 8” round pan with baking paper.

Mix yogurt, sugar, eggs in a large bowl.

Add ground hazelnuts and sieve over flour and baking powder. Mix till combined.

Add oil and mix well.

Pour batter in the prepared pan, arrange cranberry on the batter.

Bake for 40-50 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.

Let cool in the pan for 20 mins before unmoulding.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.