Thursday 13 August 2020

Prawns sambal with potatoes

I saw this interesting recipe in a book that I owned and I thought it is a good idea.  At least for a change, instead of just prawn sambal, adding potatoes seems good too as my girl and I enjoy eating the potatoes in the curry.  It is always the first to finish fast.

I did some modification as I do not have some of the ingredients on hand.  From now on, I have can bring this Prawns Sambal with potatoes to a party.  It is so easy to prepare.


Learning experience:

The taste is superb, though I did not add any dried shrimp, the dish tasted like it does.  I used both types of potatoes, the russet and the holland and I find the holland ones are better.

What you need:

2 dried chilli, soak and deseed and cut into 4s
8 chilli padi, deseed
6 garlic, skinned
8 shallot, skinned
10g belachan
30g cooking oil
65g coconut milk
6 small piece of lime leaves, centre stem removed and sliced finely
400g potatoes, skinned, and cut into chunks
370g prawns, de-shell and deveined
1 med onion, cut into chunks
4 pcs of tamarind slice

Season with salt (optional)

Method:

In a blender, add in chilli (soaked), chilli padi, garlic, shallot, belachan and cooking oil.  Blend to a paste.  Remove.

Heat wok with a little oil and add in the paste.  Fry until fragrant.

Add in coconut milk, potatoes, lime leaves and tamarind slices and bring to a boil, lower heat let it simmer until potato is soft.

Add in prawns and onion and cook until prawn is cooked.

Remove and serve with jasmine rice.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.