Monday 12 October 2020

Salt and butter buns

After the success of the Sugar and butter buns which I have gotten good reviews, this time I used the same recipe and make Salt and butter Bun.

I am beginning to love yudane method as it is fast and best of all, the buns stay soft even the days.  

Now that I understood the ratio, I am looking forward to tweaking more recipes to this method.



Learning experience:

My croissant roll is getting a little better.  Guess to perfect it, I need to practice more. :)

I quite like this taste as the saltiness adds another dimension to the bun.

What you need:
Yield 9 pcs

Yudane
40g bread flour
40g boiling water

Add boiling water to flour and stir to form a dough.  Cover and let it cool completely.

Dough
160g bread flour
4g salt 
20g sugar 
3g yeast 
1 egg yolk 
72g water 
30g unsalted butter

9 pcs of frozen salted butter 
Sea salt flakes

Method:

Combine all ingredients with the yudane dough except butter.

Knead until it is smooth.

Add in butter and knead until it reached windowpane stage.

Shape into a ball and let it proof until double.

Punch down and divide into 9.  Let it bench rest for 10 mins.

Shape into a teardrop and place 1 finger space to each other.  Proof until it touches each other.  

Roll into a triangle, stretching it gently once rolling.

Place frozen butter on the broad end and roll down.  

Let it proof for 45 mins.

Egg wash and sprinkle sea salt flakes.

Bake at 190 for 10-15 mins.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.