Thursday 22 July 2021

Cheese Mochi

This covid is really long-lasting.  Waves after waves it hits our shore.  We just need to find ways to stay strong and positive.

For me, instead of channeling my energy into baking and blogging, I took up a healthy hobby after I got sick and couldn't walk properly at the beginning of the covid.  

I started cycling and realized that it helps with the pain that I was suffering and slowly it got better and better after each ride.   I also managed to shed off 4 kgs that for years I was trying to lose.

Anyway, I was invited to a small birthday party just before the HA phrase 2 alert as we feel more comfortable in a safe environment.  The number reflected daily is really worrisome.  My heart goes out to the medical team for working so relentlessly for nearly 2 years.

So here is my Cheese Mochi and am glad that the guests like it.



Source: inspired by Catherine (can't link as I cannot find back the post)

What you need:
Makes 12 pcs

200g glutinous rice flour
150g boiling water (adjust according)
2 tsp sugar

Cheddar cheese

Method:

In a bowl with the glutinous rice flour, using a chopstick, slowly blend in the boiling water bit by bit.  

When it is not too hot, knead to form a dough.  Add more water and knead until it is soft and smooth.

Place in a bowl and cover.  Let it rest for 30 mins.

Divide into 12 portions.

Roll into a ball and flatten.  Add 1/2 tbsp cheese and seal well.

Heat up a nonstick wok with a little oil.

Place the mochi ball into the pan on low heat.   Flatten the balls a little.

Add a little water and cover.  Let it cook until golden.

Flip over and drizzle a little oil again, repeat the process until it turns golden.

Serve hot with a generous drizzle of honey.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.